BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Isabella's Repaired Cleft Lip

Sorry this is so very late getting posted.  It turns out that Eric ended up having to take Bella to surgery all by his self.  I have been having these horrible debilitating attacks of nausea and couldn't even get out of the bed.  Thank God for a wonderful Husband who took such great care of his daughter and thank God for my Mother who took such great care of Aidan and myself during that time.  To make a long story short, I've got to have a couple test today in checking for an ulcer.  So, we'll see.  Anyways back to the surgery, went really well Bella did phenomenal.  She's absolutely amazing, she came home acting as if nothing had happened.  We used the arm restraints only during nap time and bed time, and she does really well with them.  She's been eating a regular diet and drinking normal, she really hasn't even bothered the lip.  As you can see in the pictures she has a stint in her nose that is to hold it in the correct place and it is stitched to her nose.  Once she gets the stitches out she'll have to continue to wear the stint, but at least we'll just be able to put it in and take it out manually.  I'm so thankful it went so very well and she handled it so very well.

4 comments:

Crystal Johnson said...

what a trooper!

Please let me know if I can help with anything or watch the kids if you're not feeling well!

Our Journey To Isabella Grace said...

Thank you so much Crystal. When it warms up we'll have to get together alot more:)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

So thankful the surgery went well and sweet Isabella is doing so well. She looks completely adorable!!! What an amazing husband! SO sorry you are not feeling well. Hope the tests turn out fine... praying for your family!
Blessings,
Sharon

Jay said...

Melissa - Your little FuYi looks so awesome! Forgive me for only checking your blog now. She certainly looks so different already from those photos we have of our daughters together in their orphanage. I guess I never asked you this... did her orphanage give you a photo album filled with pictures? I'm curious if there are any photos of Raina in there (since there are photos of Isabella in the one we received). I'll try to scan a few of those photos and send them to you - I'm sure you'd love to have them.
God bless you guys -
Jay Curatolo